Reactor is a plugin for Vera Home Automation systems that addresses the shortcomings in the built-in logic for triggering scenes and events, adding powerful, user-configurable logic to drive automation.
What Can I Do with Reactor?
If you've ever wanted to do something with Vera/Luup where it's "if this is on and that's off and this sensor is tripped and that device is in this condition", then Reactor is for you. In particular, any time the word "and" appears in the conditions for an automation you are trying to set up, you may need Reactor.
Here are some examples of things you can do with Reactor (many of which would be difficult to do reliably or at all with Vera scenes and device triggers alone):
- Send a notification when the garage door is left open for more than 15 minutes between 10pm and 8am;
- Turn off outdoor lights at 11pm, unless your house is in "Party Mode" (as set by a VirtualSwitch you created);
- Reboot your Vera at 5am every Sunday;
- Temporarily run air conditioning if the humidity in your house exceeds 55%;
- Close the blinds and turn off your pool equipment if the current weather is "lightning";
- Put your Nest thermostat in "Home" mode when your house mode is "Away" but your caretaker uses their lock code to open the front door, and then later return the Nest to "Away" mode.
Want to Know More?
Everything you want to know has moved here: Official Reactor Wiki.